INTERNATIONAL RULES OF REFERING OF COMPETITIONS
1. Character and program of competitions
Character of competitions
1.1. On character of competition on kettlebell lifting share on:
In personal competitions the personal result of the participant is set off only and according to it its place in competitions is defined. In command competitions results of a command as a whole are set off and according to it the place of a command is defined. In personally-command competitions the result of one participant and a command as a whole is set off separately and according to it personal places of participants and commands are defined.
1.2. Character of competitions in each separate case is defined by Regulations about competitions.
1.3.Competitions with kettlebells 16,24, 32 and 40 kg are conducted on the program:
- jerk of two kettlebells from a breast (short cycle),
- jerk of two kettlebells from a breast with putting downward on the dropped hands after every getting up (long cycle),
- snatch of kettlebell by turns to one and by other hand,
- classic biathlon (jerk and snatch)
- command competitions (relay races).
The program of competitions:
1.4. The program of competitions is defined by Position and should be made so that the sportsman could act in one day no more than in one of kinds and relay race.
1.5. The winner is defined in each weight category, both in separate exercises, and in a classical biathlon on the greatest sum of rises. In snatch to offset there is an average result of the sum of the rises executed by one and other hand. At identical quantity of rises at several sportsmen advantage receives:
- the participant having a smaller body weight before performance
- the participant having a smaller body weight after performance
- the participant acting on a toss-up ahead of the contender
1.6. Places in command superiority are defined by results of test participants by one of the ways defined by Regulations (under tables of equalizing factors, in places in personal superiority).
2. Participants of competitions
Age of participants
To competitions are supposed sportsmen:
- young men and girls till 16 years
- young men and girls till 18 years
- juniors-men and juniors-women till 22 years
- men and woman are more senior than 22 years
The age of the participant is defined by year of a birth (on 1st of January of current year).
NOTE: young men and girls (till 16 years and till 18 years), juniors-men and juniors-
women – having high sports preparation and the special sanction of the doctor, can act in more senior age group.
Participants of competitions share on following weight categories:
|young men till 16 years||juniors-men||young girls till 16 years||juniors-women|
|young men till 18 years||men||young girls till 18 years||women|
|up to 53 kg||up to 63 kg||up to 53 kg||up to 58 kg|
|up to 58 kg||up to 68 kg||up to 58 kg||up to 63 kg|
|up to 63 kg||up to 73 kg||up to 63 kg||up to 68 kg|
|up to 68 kg||up to 78 kg||over 63 kg||over 68 kg|
|up to 73 kg||up to 85 kg||-||-|
|up to 78 kg||up to 95 kg||-||-|
|up to 85 kg||up to 105 kg||-||-|
|over 85 kg||over 105 kg||-||-|
Each participant has the right to act at concrete competitions only in one weight category. It is authorized to act in other weight category only in command competitions (relay race) under condition of repeated weighing.
Before the beginning of competitions (for a day) in the Main judiciary board move application forms for participation in competitions and the filled cards of participants where the credentials committee under the admission of participants and commands to competitions is spent. The application should be certified by the head of the sports organization.
The order of weighing of participants
2.1. Weighing of participants is spent before competitions. The participants acting in
command competitions (relay race), are supposed to participation by results of weighing
in individual competitions.
2.2. Weighing is spent in premise specially allocated for this purpose. At weighing it is
authorized to be present to members of the Main judiciary board, one official
representative from each command.
2.3. Weighing of participants is spent by the judges providing refereeing of competitions.
2.4. Participants are weighed naked or in swimming trunks. In case at weighing the
weight of the sportsman oversteps the bounds of a weight category, the sportsman has the
right to repeated weighing within the limits of the rules of time allocated on weighing of
sportsmen of the given weight category.
2.5. At passage of credentials committee or during weighing the toss-up of participants for definition of sequence of an output on a scaffold is spent and the technical application moves.
The rights and duties of the participant
2.6. The participant has the right to address in the Main judiciary board on all questions
only through the representative of the Command or the judge at participants.
2.7. The participant has the right up to a call to a scaffold to prepare kettlebells for
performance of exercise. Preparation of kettlebells is spent in the place allocated for this
purpose. By preparation of kettlebells and hands it is authorized to use only magnesia.
2.8. The participant has the right to be the representative of the enterprise or firm on advertising its production. The participant or the representative of a command should notify the organization spending competitions, the main judiciary board on it and to receive on this sanction.
2.9. The participant is obliged to know rules of competitions and regulations about
2.10. At infringement of the standard rules of behaviour or a public order at carrying out
of competitions, to the participant the prevention is done, at repeated infringement, the
decision of jury it can be debarred from competitions.
2.11. The participant is obliged to observe strictly discipline, to be correct in relation to
other participants, and also spectators and judges. The participant who has not was on
representation to competitions is not supposed. The participants who have borrowed
prize-winning places, are obliged to leave on rewarding in the smart sports form.
2.12. The participant prepares and acts with the kettlebells established on a scaffold on
which it should compete.
2.13. The participant is forbidden to use any adaptations which facilitate rise of the kettlebell (kettlebells).
2.14. The participant is forbidden to talk during performance of exercises and to approach to the judge on a scaffold after performance of exercise.
2.15. The participant who on a state of health is removed by the doctor in one of kinds of the program, to the further participation in the given competitions is not supposed.
The form of sportsmen
2.16. Sportsmen are obliged to act in the form of which should be pure, tidy, answer
- the suit can consist of one or two parts, bicycle cowards, weightlifting body
stockings, a T-short or a vest;
- sleeves of a T-short should not close elbow joints;
- are authorized to use standard weightlifting belt in width no more than 12 sm, bandage in length no more than 1.5 m. The width of imposing of bandage on a wrist should be no more than 10 sm, in a lap - no more than 25 sm. It is authorized to use kneecaps and groin bandage. The belt cannot be put on under a competitive suit,
- the sports footwear can be any;
- commands should be in the identical uniform.
Representatives and captains of commands
2.17. The organization participating in personally-command and command competitions, should have the representative.
2.18. The representative is the head of a command, bears the full responsibility for the organization and discipline of participants, is obliged to be present at all meetings spent by the main judiciary board with representatives, to provide duly arrival of participants on competitions, parades of opening and closing, a doping-control and rewardings.
2.19. The representative of a command can be present at weighing and a toss-up of participants of a command represented by it.
2.20. Representatives, coaches and participants are forbidden to be during performance of participants in a zone of carrying out of competitions. Representatives should be on place specially allocated for representatives or among participants of the Command.
2.21. The representative is forbidden to interfere with actions of judges and persons spending competitions. The representative has the right to submit to judiciary board of the application and protests which concern only to participants of the command. Protests move up to an output of the next change of participants.
2.22. If participants of any command have no representative, its duties are executed by the captain of a command.
3. The equipment and stock
3.1. Competitions are spent on scaffolds in the size not less 1.5 x 1.5 m. Distance
between scaffolds should provide safety and not stir to competitive process.
3.2. The weight of kettlebells should not deviate from nominal more than on 100 grams.
3.3. Parameters and color of kettlebells:
the sizes color
height - 280 mm 16 kg - yellow
diameter of bode of kettlebells – 210 mm 24 kg - green
diameter of the handle - 35 mm 32 kg - red
40 kg – bronze
3.4. For conducting the account and the information the judicial signal system should be established (electronic board).
3.5. Before the beginning of competitions the certificate on conformity of the equipment and stock to rules of competitions should be made.
Hall for warm-up and warming up
3.6. That sportsmen could be prepared for competitions, the hall for warm-up should be organized. The hall for warm-up should be near to a place of carrying out of competitions. In a hall for warm-up there should be enough of scaffolds, kettlebells, magnesias, etc. according to quantity of participants.
Besides the hall for warm-up should have the following equipment:
- the loudspeakers attached to a microphone speaking;
- a board (or duplicating reports), showing names of participants by way of a toss-up, their body weight and commands;
- a table for the doctor on duty.
4. A Judiciary board
4.1. The Judiciary board is completed with the organization spending given competitions.
4.2. Into structure of a judiciary board enter:
- Main judge;
- Main secretary;
- judges on scaffolds,
- secretaries on duplicating reports,
- the judge at participants,
- the technical controller.
At carrying out of competitions to quantity of participants more than 30 person, the number of judges can be increased, due to introduction in a judiciary board of a post of the assistant to the Main judge, the assistant to the Main secretary, to increase quantity of judges on scaffolds.
4.3. The judge on kettlebell lifting is obliged firmly the nobility the present rules and to be able to apply them during competitions. It should be objective and basic in the decisions, be an example disciplines, organization and clearness in work, it is good to know regulations about spent competitions.
4.4. Judges of a valley to have the uniform of clothes – a dark jacket and black trousers.
4.5. For economic maintenance the organization spending competitions, allocates in the order of a judiciary board of the commandant of competitions.
The main judiciary board
4.6. Into structure of Main judiciary board enter:
- Main judge,
- Main secretary,
- Assistant of Main judges,
- Assistant of Main secretary.
4.7. Prior to the beginning of competitions the main judge forms jury in quantity 3 or 5
person. The personal structure of jury is possible up to data of a judiciary board at
meeting. The structure of jury joins members of Presidium of board of judges, or
authoritative judges. Chairman of board of judges, its assistants or main judge of
competitions heads work of jury.
4.8. The main judiciary board is authorized to form final group of the strongest sportsmen (group A) and commands (in command competitions) on results of performances in last competitions:
- current year;
- the last year.
The rights and duties of jury
4.9. The jury carries out the control over performance by all participants of requirements of RULES and REGULATIONS about carrying out of competition. The jury has not the right to change the conditions of carrying out of competitions established by REGULATIONS.
4.10. The jury accepts protests and bears on them decisions.
4.11. The jury has the right to suggest to the main judge to discharge from work the judges making gross blunders at refereeing, and also incorrect actions in relation to participants of competitions (to sportsmen, trainers, judges, representatives).
4.12. To make changes to the schedule of competitions if in it there was a necessity.
4.13. The decision of jury is accepted by the majority of voices. The head of jury at voting has two voices.
Main judge and its assistants
4.14. The main judge supervises over work of a judiciary board and bears the responsibility before the organization spending competitions, for the precise organization, discipline and safety of carrying out of competitions, creation of equal conditions for all participants, strict observance of operating rules, objectivity of refereeing, calculation of results and summarizing of results of competitions.
4.15. The main judge is obliged:
- The Main judge before the beginning of competitions is obliged to hold session of a judiciary board and meeting with representatives of commands.
- Prior to the beginning of competitions to check up a place of carrying out of competitions, its technical registration, stock and equipment, their conformity to rules of competitions and to requirements of the safety precautions;
- to define the operating procedure of a judiciary board and judicial brigades;
- to supervise over a course of competitions and to solve arising questions;
- To carry out the control over work of judges during competitions and at definition of winners;
- to accept to discussion of jury the acted applications and protests;
- to represent to 5-day’s term the written report and the necessary documentation in the organization spending competitions;
- to appoint and spend sessions of a judiciary board during competitions.
4.16. The assistant of the Main judge is guided by instructions of the Main judge, at
absence of the last carries out its duties.
The main secretary of competitions
4.17. The main secretary:
- prepares the necessary tehnical specifications and is responsible for correctness of its registration;
- makes out reports of sessions of a judiciary board and makes out orders and decisions of the main judge;
- from the sanction of the main judge gives data on competitions to the judge-informator, representatives of commands and correspondents;
- makes certificates about an establishment of records;
- processes the documentation of competitions;
- represents to the main judge necessary materials for the report;
- keeps account and fixes decisions under protests.
The judge on a scaffold
4.18. The judge on a scaffold:
- loudly and precisely declares the quantity of correctly executed rises,
- fixes technically incorrectly executed rises by a command “to not consider“;
- loudly declares final result of the participant in each exercise.
The NOTE: At the international competitions and the national championships two judges
are appointed to each scaffold.
4.19. The secretary:
- fills cards of participants on weighing (the report of weighing) and the report of
competitions on a scaffold;
- causes participants on a scaffold and warns of necessity to be prepared to the
4.20. The Judge-informator:
- declares decisions, orders of the Main judiciary board;
- informs spectators and participants on results of competitions.
The judge at participants
4.21. The judge at participants:
- checks under lists an output of participants of competitions, and also conformity
of their suits to requirements of rules of competitions;
- spends construction and deduces participants of competitions according to a lot
on representation and performance of exercises, in due time warns participants of
their call on a scaffold,
- informs the secretary of data on absence of the participant or refusal to
participate in competitions;
- is the intermediary between participants and a judiciary board.
The technical Controller
4.22. The technical controller
- prior to the beginning of competitions together with the main judge checks conformity to Rules of competitions and the safety precautions of places of competitions, places of warm-up and preparation of kettlebells. Presence of weights, scaffolds, the judicial signal system, chronometers and another;
- Together with one of members of the Main judiciary board prior to the beginning of competitions, spends weighing and measurement of parameters of kettlebells and makes the certificate about their conformity to Rules of competitions;
- During competitions supervises a technical condition of stock and the equipment and supports them in a condition of conformity to Rules of competitions and technical safety;
- Provides the order in a direct place of performance of participants, excludes a finding of any persons before and behind scaffolds, in immediate proximity from judges, before objectives of videocameras, etc.
- Instructs the commandant of competitions on elimination of the lacks revealed or arisen during competitions in technical ensuring of competitions;
- In case of emergency makes offers on a suspension of competitions before liquidation of its reason causing.
- In case of occurrence of an extreme situation accepts emergency measures on evacuation of participants and spectators from a dangerous zone, reports the matter in the regional center of Extreme Situations.
The doctor of competitions
4.23. The doctor of competitions is a member of a judiciary board as the assistant of the main judge by a medical part.
4.24. The doctor of competitions:
- checks presence of the visa of the doctor in applications about the admission of participants to competitions;
- carries out medical supervision over participants at weighing and during competitions;
- watches observance of sanitary-and-hygienic conditions at carrying out of competitions, places of residing and a feed,
- renders medical aid at traumas or diseases of participants of competitions,
defines an opportunity of their further performance,
- coordinates with the main judge a question on removal of the participant, draws the written conclusion about the reasons of its removal,
- after the termination of competitions represents to the main judge the report about medico-sanitary service.
The commandant of competitions
4.25. The commandant of competitions is responsible for duly preparation of stock (scaffolds, kettlebells, device for weighing of participants and other stock), places of competitions, places for participants, representatives, judges, press. Provides parade of participants by means and attributes, follows the instruction of the main judge, the technical controller and the representative of the organization spending competitions.
5. Rules of performance of exercises.
5.1. For 2 minutes prior to the beginning of exercise the participant is invited to representation. 5 seconds prior to start readout of control time is made: 5, 4, 3, 2, I second during which the participant is obliged to leave on a scaffold. Then the command “Start” moves. After a command “Start” the participant is obliged to start to carry out of exercises: jerk or snatch or long cycle. At rise by the participant of kettlebell (kettlebells) from a scaffold up to a command “Start” the main judge submits a command “Stop, to put kettlebell (kettlebells) on a scaffold and to begin exercise”.
5.2. The participant who has late for a scaffold by the moment of start, to competitions is not supposed.
5.3. On performance of exercise to the participant time of 10 minutes is given. The judge-secretary through every minute declares control time. After 9 minutes control time appears through 30 seconds, 50 seconds, last 5 seconds every second.
5.4. After 10 minutes submits the command “Stop” after which rises are not set, and the participant is obliged to stop performance of exercise.
5.5. Each correctly executed rise is accompanied by the account of the judge on a scaffold. The judge declares the account as soon as all parts of a body of the sportsman become motionless.
5.6. At infringement of requirements to technical performance of exercise the judge on a scaffold submits commands “To not consider”, “Stop”.
5.7. At a contact any part of a body of a scaffold or in case if the sportsman has descended from a scaffold, the command “Stop” is submits.
5.8. The sportsman who cannot straighten completely elbows in connection with natural deviations, should inform on it to judges on a scaffold and jury before the beginning of performance of exercises.
5.9. The JERK is carried out from a starting position: kettlebells are fixed on a chest, arms are pressed to a trunk, legs are straightened. During the moment of fixing of kettlebells in the top position a hands, a trunk and legs should be straightened. Legs and kettlebells should be on one line in parallel a plane of a body. After fixing in the top position and accounts of the judge the participant lowers kettlebells in starting position by any way.
The important note: fixing – the accented allocated, visible stop of kettlebells and the sportsman.
5.10. The command “Stop” are submits:
- For technical impreparation;
- lowering of kettlebells (kettlebell) from a chest in position ” kettlebells below in the lowered hands “.
5.11. The command “To not consider” are submits:
-t an additional push, at an additional press of kettlebells;
- absence of fixing in a starting position and in the top position.
5.12. A JERK of 2 kettlebells from a chest with the subsequent lowering in position “kettlebells below in the lowered hands “.
After each rise (on a long cycle) it is spent by the same rules, but the command “Stop” is submits at statement of kettlebells on a scaffold.
5.13. Exercise is carried out in one step. The participant should lift continuous movement the kettlebell upwards on a direct hand and fix it. During the moment of fixing of the kettlebell in the top position a hand, legs and a trunk should be straightened. After fixing above the participant, not concerning with the kettlebell of a trunk and a shoulder (arm) lowers it downwards for performance of the next rise. Change of hands is made once by any way. At lowering the kettlebells on a shoulder (arm) during performance of snatch by the first hand submits the command “To shift”.
5.14. The command “Stop” is submits:
- For technical impreparation;
- at statement of the kettlebells on a shoulder (arm) at snatch by the second hand;
- at statement of the kettlebell on a scaffold.
5.15. The command “To not consider” is submits:
- at an additional press of kettlebells;
- at absence of fixing in the top position;
- at a contact a free hand of any part of a body, a scaffold, the kettlebell, working hand, legs, trunks.
Command competitions (relay race)
5.17. The weight of kettlebells (kettlebell), exercise, the time factor, quantity of stages are
defined by regulations about competitions.
5.18. Performance of exercises is spent by the general rules.
5.19. Performance of exercises on stages begins with easy weight categories.
The participant is authorized to act only at one stage.
The order of carrying out of relay race:
- before the beginning of relay race participants are built on representation on
commands, on stages. 5 seconds prior to start readout of control time is made: 5,
4, 3, 2, 1 then the command “Start” to participants of the first stage is submits;
- 15 seconds before start of the next stage the judge at participants deduces
- 5 seconds prior to the termination of the next stage the report of control time is
made: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.
- transfer of relay race is made on a command “Change”. The participant who has
finished a stage, should put kettlebells on a scaffold,
- to the participant of the previous stage who has fixed the kettlebells after a
command “Change” for the next stage, rises are not set off,
- the account is conducted the general, with an accrueing result.
The Command-winner is defined by the greatest quantity of rises - at equality of quantity
of rises at two and more commands advantage is received with the command having a
smaller body weight of participants.
6. Registration of records and the maximum achievements.
Records and the maximum achievements among young men, girls, juniors-men and juniors-women, adults-men and adults-women are registered only at the competitions included in the official schedule of sports actions of IUKL. In structure of a judiciary board should be not less than 3 judges of the international category. Registration of records and the maximum achievements occurs according to regulations about registration of records and the maximum achievements of IUKL.